Please read the policies. Waiver link is at the bottom.
MetroRock reserves the right to add or change its policies from time to time. Any such addition or change to these policies will be posted in the lobby of MetroRock and on www.MetroRock.com/newburyport. All visitors using MetroRock are required to inform themselves of MetroRock rules and any rule changes.
- All visitors MUST check in at the front desk, or, for outdoor activities, at the designated registration area.
- All visitors must sign a Participant Agreement, Assumption of Risk and Responsibility, and Release of Liability
- Parents and guardians are responsible for the behavior of their children, including compliance with all rules and policies, while at MetroRock.
- Memberships, punchcards, and day passes are non-transferable.
- MetroRock is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property of visitors while in or on the premises, parking lots, other areas within the vicinity of MetroRock, or at any outdoor facilities or venues.
- No hard sole shoes or beverages (except water) are permitted on the padded carpet at any time.
- Please pick up after yourself. Help to keep MetroRock clean for yourself and others.
- No smoking, drugs, or alcohol are permitted at any time in MetroRock, or at MetroRock events.
- Auto Belays are to be used ONLY AFTER MetroRock Staff instruction.
- Use and entrance to either challenge course is prohibited unless accompanied by a MetroRock Staff.
- All sales are final for goods and services. Exceptions are outlined in our refund policy. Absolutely no refunds or exchanges for climbing equipment.
- MetroRock staff have the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to determine unsafe and inappropriate behavior and to revoke climbing privileges, either temporarily or permanently, for such behavior.
- Boulderers may only “topout” on bouldering structures and climb where designated by MetroRock staff.
- Climbing instruction is to be provided by qualified MetroRock staff only.
- All belayers and toprope climbers must pass a belay test administered by MetroRock staff. Teaching, practicing, and refreshing of skills is not allowed.
- All climbers and belayers must perform a safety check before any rope climb.
- Climbers must tie in using the rewoven figure eight knot with a double fisherman’s backup knot.
- Belayers must belay from their UIAA-approveed harness using a belay loop and not from a fixed anchor point.
- Allowable belay devices include tube style devices (ATC, Verso, etc.) and Gri-Gri’s.
- No sitting or lying down while belaying.
- No one under the age of 14 is permitted to belay unless permission is granted by MetroRock management.
- In addition to the belay test, all lead climbers and belayers of lead climbers must pass a lead test administered and evaluated by MetroRock staff.
- Lead climbers must provide their own UIAA-approved rope (minimum 9.5 mm) in good, working condition
- Under no circumstances shall lead climbers skip a quickdraw in an attempt to “run it out” to the next quickdraw.
- In order to provide a visual verification, all roped climbers and belayers must display their membership badges while climbing.
- No loose chalk.
- Route setting shall be performed only by those authorized by MetroRock.
Full refund can be issued for scheduled events only if cancelled 21 days or more before the scheduled event date. Reschedule or store credit applied for cancellations within 21 days. No refund day-of or after in case of a no-show for event.