Ready to start climbing outside on your own, but unsure how to start? Want to learn the skills to be able to confidently take your friends and family out for a day of toproping?
Our Top Rope Manager Class is an intensive class that will teach you the fundamental concepts of building top rope anchor systems.
In this class you will learn:
- How to use specialized climbing safety equipment such as rope, webbing, carabiners, removable and fixed protection.
- How to tie specialized climbing knots such as the bowline, clove hitch and the ring bend.
- How to safely identify and use different anchor points.
- The basic concepts of a safe top rope anchor system.
- How to build different top rope anchor systems.
Location: Local crags located anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour drive from Boston.
To book a private class, please email us MCS@MetroRock.com!
|Designed for:||Climbers who are looking to start climbing outside on their own.|
|Length:||Full day / 8 Hours|
|Minimum Age:||14 (email MCS@Metrorock.com for exceptions)|
|Max Ratio:||6 Climbers : 1 Instructor|
|Suggested Pre-requisites:||Should be belay certified. Intro to Outdoor Climbing (103), Indoor Basic Safety Class (101), Outdoor Climber (121)|
|Price (per person):||$125 (Open Enrollment price!), $300 for One-on-One instruction.|
|Groups:||Email (MCS@Metrorock.com) for group rates and custom classes!|