Are you interested in climbing for the first time? Has it been a while since you have last climbed and are you looking for a refresher? This course is designed for beginners that are looking to take the first steps to get into rock climbing. Our professional staff will walk you through the basics and steps required to get you climbing on the ropes and having a great time. We will teach you:
- Equipment: how to use a harness and belay device
- Knots: tying in with a figure 8 follow-through, plus a fisherman's backup
- Belaying: using a locking carabiner and ATC to confidently keep your climbing partner safe
- Commands: how to communicate with your climbing partner
- After taking this course, most students can safely pass the MetroRock belay check, necessary to climb in the gym
Courses can be arranged outside of normal schedule any day with advance notice, please contact us for scheduling.
|This course is designed for:||Beginners new to climbing|
|Minimum Age:||Must be at least 14 years old|
|Max ratio:||6 Climbers : 1 Instructor|
|Dates:||Weekdays 7:30-9pm. Other times available upon request.|
|Prices (per climber):||$60, includes gear, day pass and a 10 day membership with gear rental to the gym following the class. $30 for ladies on Monday and men on Wednesdays!|
Reservations are required!