MetroRock’s After School Climbing Program provides a fun way for kids to experience the world of climbing. Your children will push themselves physically and mentally while having fun with their peers under the guidance of our experienced instructors.
Our low instructor-to-student ratio ensures individualized attention as your child learns climbing technique and safety in a fun, social environment. The program is for kids from kindergarten through early highschool, with activities for all abilities and ages. The program comes in two options to meet your child's level of interest:
- The Recerational Afterschool program is for kids who are new to climbing or whose interest in climbing is mild. Climbers have the opportunity to climb the bouldering, auto belays and top ropes while learning basic technique and climbing lingo. Meets Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Appropriate for new and experienced climbers.
- The Advanced Afterschool program is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays and runs 30 minutes longer than the Recreational. Sign up for one day or sign up for both at a great discounted rate. This program is intended for children who want to join a developmental training program to become a better climber. This is a great option for kids who are looking to work hard to improve their climbing under the guidance of our qualified instructors. Advanced Afterschool is highly recommended for kids who may want to join the competitive team. Recommended for ages 8 and up, or with considerable climbing experience.
Schedule: The school year is divided into seven week sessions based around the MA school vacation schedule. With both programs, kids get a free membership to the gym for the duration of the session. Can’t do a full session? We welcome single day visits to the Recreational program, just call us to make a reservation. 5% discount applies for siblings and multi-session signups.
- Recreational Climber program, Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4 - 5:30.
- Advanced Climber program, Tuesday and Thursday 4 - 6pm.
- Recreational Climber: $275 for 7 weeks, $40 drop-in rate.
- Advanced Climber program is $310 per 7 week session for one day a week, $575 for both days.
2018-2019 School Year Schedule:
Session 1: September 10 through October 26
Session 2: October 29 through December 21 (does not meet week of Thanksgiving)
Session 3: January 2 through February 15
Session 4: February 25 through April 12
Session 5: April 22 through June 7
* Program does NOT meet during school vacation weeks or holidays but DOES meet on single day holidays. Ask about our break camps to keep the fun going! If you have unique scheduling requirements, please give us a call and we will try to accommodate you.