MetroRock’s After School Program provides a fun and safe arena for kids to experience the challenging world of climbing. Your children will push themselves physically and mentally while having fun with their peers.
Our low instructor-to-student ratio ensures individualized attention as your child learns climbing technique and safety in a fun, social environment. The program is for kids from Kindergarten through middle school, with activities for all abilities and ages. The program comes in two options to meet your child's level of interest:
- The Recreational Climber program is for kids who are new to climbing or whose interest in climbing is mild. The climbing activities are interspersed with games and related activities to keep things fresh and exciting. Meets Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
- The Advanced Climber program is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays and runs 30 minutes longer than the Recreational. Sign up for one day or sign up for both at a great discounted rate. This program is intended for children who want to focus mostly on climbing with the intention of becoming a better climber. This is a great option for children who are considering team and for kids who are just looking to spend time climbing with instruction and other kids who enjoy the sport.
Schedule: The school year is divided into seven week sessions based around the MA school vacation schedule. With both programs, kids get a free membership to the gym for the duration of the session. Can’t do a full session? We welcome single day visits, just call us to make a reservation. 5% discount applies for siblings and multi-session signups.
- Recreational Climber program, Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4 - 5:30.
- Advanced Climber program, Tuesday and Thursday 4 - 6pm.
Price: Recreational Climber: $265 for 7 weeks, $40 drop-in rate.
The Advanced Climber program is $300 per 7 week session for one day a week, $575 for both days.
2017-18 School Year:
- Session 1 - September 11 - October 27
- Session 2 - October 30 - December 22 (no meetings week of Thanksgiving)
- Session 3 - January 2 - February 16
- Break Camp (no after school) - February 19 - 23
- Session 4 - February 26 - April 13
- Break Camp (no after school) - April 16 - 20
- Session 5 - April 23 - June 15
* Program does NOT meet during school vacation weeks or holidays. Ask about our break camps to keep the fun going! If you have unique scheduling requirements, please give us a call and we will try to accommodate you.