Are you interested in climbing for the first time?
This course is designed for beginners that are looking to take the first steps to get into rock climbing. We will teach you:
- Equipment: how to use a harness and belay device
- Knots: tying in with a figure 8 follow-through, plus a fisherman's backup
- Belaying: using a locking carabiner and ATC to confidently keep your climbing partner safe
- Commands: how to communicate with your climbing partner
- After taking this course, most students can safely pass the MetroRock belay check, necessary to climb in the gym
Courses can be arranged outside of normal schedule any day with advance notice, please contact us for scheduling. Group pricing is also avaliable.
|This course is designed for:||Beginners|
|Minimum Age:||Must be at least 14 years old|
|Max ratio:||6 Climbers : 1 Instructor|
|Dates:||Every Mon, Wedns, Fri at 7:30 pm. Sign up on our Calendar.|
|Equipment Requirements:||Rental gear included|
|Prices (per climber):||$60; $30 for ladies on Wednesday and college students on Friday (call us to book at the discounted rate)|
|Perks||10 day membership to MetroRock, rental gear the day of, and of course the class*|
Reservations are required! Go to the calendar to choose the date of your class and book it. Paying with a groupon or similar voucher? Please call the front desk at 978-990-7625 to redeem your voucher and register for your class!
Refund policy: If you need to cancel an event, we offer a full refund if the cancellation occurs 21 days or more before the event. If you are altering your booking within that period, we are happy to offer a credit for use at MetroRock, minus the deposit. We will not offer a refund for no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours before the event.
*Limit of only one 10 day membership per individual. Signing up for the class more than once will disqualify an individual from receiving this perk.