Responsibilities: Event staff work flexible hours at the gyms running our regularly scheduled programs, camps, and classes in addition to one-time events such as birthday parties, private belays, and events. Event staff may have regular shifts and/or sign up for one time events as needed. Weekends and evening hours are typical!
- Good people skills
- Comfortable working with children
- Climb at least 5.9 and comfortable with heights
- Ideally, experience with climbing instruction
This is a part/full time position which reports to the gym manager. It allows some flexibility with schedule. Weekends and evening shifts should be expected.
General Responsibilities: While all employees hired into this position will share many of the same responsibilities there will be some variations on an individual basis.
- Front Desk - Greet and check-in customers
- Climbing area - Oversight, administer belay tests, conduct safety checks
- Cleaning and Maintenance - Pro-shop, climbing area, support areas
- Good customer service skills
- Well organized and effective at communicating
- Climbing skills preferred
- Part time position (ideally 20 hrs per week)
To apply for the following positions, fill out our Employment Application and hand it in to the front desk, or email it to email@example.com. You can pick one up in person as well.
This position reports to the head route setter
- Set boulder problems once to twice a week
- Set routes once to twice a week
- Climb at least 5.10
- Have at least some route-setting experience
- Ideally, be available during MetroRock's off-peak hours (weekdays before 6pm, weekend evenings)
To apply, fill out this application.