Challenge, Strength, and Confidence. Develop your organization into a stronger more cohesive unit through participation in the MetroRock Team Building Program! Individuals and teams will be pushed outside their levels of comfort to achieve success in both climbing and in business through a series of exercises that are challenging both physically and mentally.
Hosted at our world-class indoor rock climbing center, we work with you to identify your company/team goals, customize a team building program to meet your needs, and follow up to ensure that desired outcomes were achieved.
Our team building events include full use of our climbing walls and conference rooms. Your teams will be involved with meetings to plan and set goals. They'll compete in climbing problems and challenges and work together in mutually dependent situations. They will be pushed outside their comfort zones and have to solve problems or overcome an obstacle by utilizing their combined strength and power. Teams can be more effective than individuals and we stress the importance of relying on each other. They will remember their MetroRock experience for years to come and come away with new respect and appreciation for their coworkers and colleagues.
While each Team Building Program is tailored to your organization's goals and expectations, the examples below provide a range of programs that have been used with other companies:
Confidence Through Climbing Program Our most basic skill based climbing exercise. This is a 3 hour program that is organized as follows:
- Climbing Fundamentals - Elemental climbing program taught in small groups. Focus on knots, gear, communication, and rope handling.
- Skill and Movement - The second portion of the program is focused on developing climbing skills. The gym will be explored and participants will push their newly developing climbing limits to the extreme. Instructors aid participants throughout this process by demonstrating climbing style and technique.
Cost - $55 per participant. Use of a conference room is available for team meetings and meals.
Peak Development Team Building Event At a minimum of 4 hours long, this is our most comprehensive team building program. It is a custom designed event with your goals and expectations built in. Predetermined group exercises are used to elaborate on the themes that your organization most desires to work on. Specific activity based exercises that have been used in the past are:
- High Ropes Course - Work together to traverse a series of obstacle course elements, all while suspended high above the ground.
- Climbing Fundamentals - Elemental climbing program taught in small groups with a focus on knots, gear, communication, and rope handling. It is suggested that all team building programs start with this element for several reasons. Firstly, climbing is a trust-based sport that requires partners to work together. Secondly, much of the rest of the program involves various elements of climbing, all of which require basic knowledge.
- Climbing Blind - Participants are completely blindfolded and asked to climb routes while partners on the ground are instructing the climber on how and where to climb. The focus of this exercise is communication development between the two partners. Post exercise facilitation is suggested.
- Trust Rappel - Have you ever leaned backwards over a 35 foot ledge? If you haven't this experience can be incredibly nerve wracking. To foster the trust bond between co-workers we will have a partner actually hold the rope that lowers the climber to the ground. Post exercise facilitation is suggested.
- Trivia Traverse - Working with a representative from your firm, specific company trivia is developed and used in this game. Groups are randomly selected and teams are timed on the traverse. Advancing through the traverse requires the correct answers. The focus of this exercise is group cohesion.
- Speed Climbing Challenge - Groups are randomly selected and teams are formed in a timed exercise. Each team will record their participants time on 2 different routes. Speed is the focus. Teams then compare their aggregated times to determine the winner. The focus of this exercise is group cohesion. These are only examples of exercises that have been used in the past. We realize that not everyone in your group is at the same level of physical fitness or ability. The exercises above require different levels of fitness, some more and some less. We are happy to tailor the event to your group's abilities.
Cost - Contact us for a customized price based on your needs and parameters. Use of a conference room is available for team meetings and meals.
For more info, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Refund Policy – During these unprecedented times, we will be suspending our normal refund policy until we are, once again, open for business. After opening, we intend to honor all refunds incurred but at a pace that we can afford.