Let's get outdoors! Our Introduction to Outdoor Climbing Class is a half day class designed specifically for the beginner or first-time climber. You will learn elements of basic safety and different climbing techniques involved with climbing outside. This class provides all the skills you need to know to pass a belay test in the gym and become Top Rope Belay Certified. This is the equivalent of our Learn to Climb indoor class.
In this class you will learn:
- How to use technical climbing equipment such as a harness and belay device.
- How to connect yourself to a climbing rope via the trace-8 and double fisherman's knot.
- How to belay to keep your climbing partner safe.
- How to give commands to communicate with your climbing partner.
- Basic climbing technique: using balance, flexibility, and strength to move up the rock face.
Location: Local crags located anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour drive from Boston.
2016 Open Enrollment Dates:
- June 4 (Sat) @ Red Rock Conservation Area
- (Sun) @ Den Rock
|Designed for:||Beginners or first time climbers.|
|Length:||Half day / 5 Hours|
|Minimum Age:||14 (email MCS@Metrorock.com for exceptions)|
|Max Ratio:||6 Climbers : 1 Instructor|
|Equipment Requirements:||None. All climbing equipment inlcuded!|
|Price (per person):||$75 (Open Enrollment price!), $200 for One-on-One instruction.|
|Groups:||Email (MCS@MetroRock.com) for group rates and custom classes!|