Are you interested in climbing for the first time? Are you looking for a refresher if it's been a while since you've last climbed? The Basic Top Rope Safety, will teach you how to start climbing in the gym. This course is designed for beginners that are looking to take the first steps to get into the sport and life style of rock climbing. Our professional staff will walk you through the basic and simple steps required to get you climbing on the ropes and having a great time.
We will teach you:
- Equipment: how to use a harness and belay device
- Knots: tying in with a figure 8 follow-through, plus a fisherman's backup
- Belaying: using a locking carabiner and ATC to confidently keep your climbing partner safe
- Commands: how to communicate with your climbing partner
- After taking this course, most students can safely pass the MetroRock belay check, necessary to climb in the gym
Courses can be arranged outside of normal schedule any day with advance notice, please contact us for scheduling.