Let's get outdoors! Our Introduction to Outdoor Climbing Class is a half day class designed specifically for the beginner or first-time climber. You will learn elements of basic safety and different climbing techniques involved with climbing outside. This class provides all the skills you need to know to pass a belay test in the gym and become Top Rope Belay Certified. This is the equivalent of our Learn to Climb indoor class.
In this class you will learn:
- How to use technical climbing equipment such as a harness and belay device.
- How to connect yourself to a climbing rope via the trace-8 and double fisherman's knot.
- How to belay to keep your climbing partner safe.
- How to give commands to communicate with your climbing partner.
- Basic climbing technique: using balance, flexibility, and strength to move up the rock face.
Location: Local crags located anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour drive from Boston.