Dark Horse 2012 Series: Championship Round
Photo by Pat Bagley
Dark Horse Series 2012 went out with a bang last weekend as some of the best climbers in the world came to throw down to fight for the prize and glory. The series, which began last November, is our homegrown compeition and we couldn't be happier with the way it has grown. Each passing year and comp, things get bigger and better and we were floored by what we saw last Saturday: hundreds of spectators cheering their lungs out for the pros as they tackled some of the sickest boulder problems we've ever set. It was an amazing show and we can't wait for next year!
We want to thank everyone involved, especially:
- The setters and organizers who worked long and hard to set everything up and put up some amazing climbs. It's not as easy as it looks!
- The staff at MetroRock for their hard work at making everything work so smoothly.
- Our sponsors who made it all possible and provided awesome prizes. We appreciate all your help.
- To the spectators who created all that buzz and excitement. Without you, it would just be a cool boulder session, with you, it was a party!
- Most of all, HUGE thank you to the competitors. From the novice competing for the first time to the pros who do this for a living, you all made it possible by putting your best efforts up to see how hard you can climb. Climbing competitions are about the individual challenging him or herself to push beyond their limits and we can't say enough about the amazing performances we saw during those three days. Congratulations to ALL of you!
For complete wrap-up and information, including results, see the Dark Horse homepage.
For pics and video, see the links below: