We have 3 Tru-Blue Auto Belay devices in the Everett location to provide a fuller climbing experience. These devices allow climbers to tie-in, climb tall walls and be lowered down safely without a belay partner. As you climb, the auto-belay retracts the cord and when you fall or finish the climb, it gently lowers you to the ground.
Auto belays are great for experienced climbers looking to climb when belay partners aren't available, for endurance training, or for beginners to experience rope climbing with minimal training. The locations of and the routes under the auto-belayers will change frequently.
Like any climbing method, auto-belays are safe when used correctly. Please note our policy on their use below. Further instruction will be provided at the gym.
Auto Belay Policy
- All users must receive orientation in proper use of harness.
- All users must receive orientation in proper use of our auto belay.
- Children under 11 must be supervised by an adult.
- Read instructions listed on all auto belay walls
- During use
1) attach leash clip to belay loop
2) attach auto-belay clip to belay loop
3) confirm with surrounding climbers that you will be on the auto belay
4) never deviate side to side from auto belay routes
5) when you fall keep legs out to push away from wall & never turn away from the wall
- After use
1) attach leash clip to daisy chain
2) attach auto-belay clip to daisy chain